Wednesday, October 12, 2011

tear out: carpet


First things first. Get rid of that brand new, yet still gross, carpet.
I spent two days prying off baseboard downstairs (though friend Mollie scored most of it for me with a utility knife, which really sped things up). Lots of fun tools to pry off the boards and nails.

 I had the genius idea to label the baseboard and the wall it came from for when we reinstalled it.
(Fast forward to yesterday, 10.11.2011, when my husband decided we should get new baseboards ... all that labeling for nothing. Oh well.)


While I finished up baseboards, my husband Brent worked with friends Mollie and Greg to tear out the carpet downstairs. I was a little bummed I didn't get to participate in ripping apart the new yet gross feeling "barely there" builder standard carpet. Oh well. The tear out went quickly and then us girls scraped the glued-down carpet pad and the guys pried off the carpet tack strips. When we finished it looked like this:
family room
dining room 
 living room

I'll address the squares on the wall next.


Post a Comment


. stephrything . Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger