Tuesday, November 22, 2011

gallery wall

Enough blank walls already. Let's decorate.
I like to lay out frame configurations on the ground to help me visualize what they'll look like on the wall. I came up with a few designs ...
 and finally found one I liked.
Using the neato trick from Emily Henderson I mentioned earlier, I created templates, taped them up, measured distance between frames and made adjustments with the help of a laser level. Then I nailed away and ...
No more blank wall!
Now I can enjoy our memories from dating, our wedding, before-kid adventures, after-kid adventures -- every time I walk in the house or go upstairs/downstairs.
The view as you walk in the front door, much more inviting now.

This is my favorite collage. I've been taking pictures of J on the swings since his first time at eight months old. It's bittersweet to see how much he's grown over the past two years. But I guess that's what pictures are for -- to help us remember.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

. stephrything . Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger